Best Steam Mop for Laminate Floors | Reviews & Buying Guide
Last Updated on
Last month I spent $150 on a new steam mop cleaner. In a span of less than a week, I noticed residue on my laminate floors after two cleaning sessions.
This was quite a disappointment given the number of reviews I had read before making this investment. I thought that was the best steam mop for laminate floors.
There just wasn’t enough buying information out there on the ideal model for laminate floors.
So, I decided to put my thoughts down on products I’ve tried out.
Top Pick: Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop
A well-rounded steam mop that is high performing, versatile, and extremely easy to use. It has a sizeable water tank and convenient variable steam release control.Check the Product Here
Top 7 Steam Mops for Laminate Floors
Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop – Best Product Overall
Cleaning with the Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe is quick, simple and effective. It creates a remarkably wide cleaning zone for releasing grime and dirt from your laminate floors.
- Spot-boost brush removes sticky, tough messes
- Easy to fill water tank and measuring cup
- Delivers on-demand vapor for effective cleaning
- Variable steam levels to meet different cleaning needs
- Washable microfiber pads are reusable
It has two new features: a place to put a fragrance disc and the spot-boost brush that is going to help you clean all your sticky and tough messes from your laminate floors.
You get two mop heads. One is going to be for your everyday use and one is going to be for scrubbing your floors.
It delivers directional, continuous steam. I really appreciate this feature, considering it cuts through all dirt and grime coming from my shoes.
Another good feature is the slim, low profile, which can help you get to those hard to reach places. Also, the trigger will constantly give you the hottest of the hot vapor.
What I didn’t like about this brand is their customer service, which isn’t that good. A simple complaint may take long to resolve.
- It is super easy to assemble
- Head swivels and moves smoothly to reach tight spaces
- Filling the water tank is a breeze
- Putting on the mops is straightforward
- Long power cord that’s easy to maneuver
- Poor customer service
The power of smarter cleaning is in your hands with the Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe. No dirt or grime will be hard to remove with the mop pads or spot-boost brush.
I give it a five-star rating for steaming and cleaning laminate floors and five stars for ease of use. But a one star for customer service.CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
Light N Easy All-In-One Steam Mop – Most Inexpensive Option
- Multipurpose steamer
- High, medium and low settings
- Smart switch and smart sensor
- Uses 110 degrees Celsius hot steam
- One year quality assurance
The Light n Easy All-In-One Steam Mop features new intelligent steam control for all of your laminate floor cleaning.
This product has multifunction capability, which is great because you can use it as a steam mop, glass cleaner, garment steamer, carpet cleaner, and counter cleaner.
Getting it started is easy, just gently pump the handle a few times. If it fails to produce steam after a few minutes, check the tank to confirm that it has water.
This is one of the easiest steamers I have ever operated. All you have to do is tilt the handle to start steaming, and stand upright to stop steaming.
It comes with three settings that are based on your cleaning requirements, including low, medium and high. This flexibility allows you to focus the steam where you need it most.
What I didn’t like are the Velcro tabs, they are a bit small. They could be bigger, providing a stronger attachment to the mopping pads.
- Lightweight, sturdy and easy to maneuver
- Easy starting mechanism, just pump the handle a number of times
- Delivers a constant steam for effective cleaning
- Velcro attachment allows you to use disposable pads
- Handle sensor allows for easy control
- Small Velcro attachment could be bigger
- Contacting the manufacturer is a bit of a hassle
Regardless of the fact that this is a compact unit, it has adequate capacity for removing tough spots on the laminate floors around your home.
Light n Easy innovation is clearly seen in this product. I give it a five-star rating for its cleaning features. But the brand has to work on their customer service.CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
Light n Easy S7338 Floor Steamer – Best Value for the Price
- Square steam mop swivel steering
- Smart sensor for automatic shutdown
- Large bottom tank for superior steam penetration
- A quick-release and easy to maneuver cord
- Super-heated steam cleans in thirty seconds
The first impressive feature is the design. Unlike conventional steamers, the entire unit is at the bottom and connected to the handle.
The smart sensor is remarkable because the engine would automatically stop releasing steam the moment you stop moving the mop base.
This unit has a powerful steam engine, which releases super-heated steam within half a minute, and it dries pretty quickly.
Another good feature is the 360 degree fluid handle, which allows you to move the steam mop in all directions. This makes it easy to clean tight spaces.
There are two things I didn’t like about this product. First, the microfiber pad is thin and wears out fast. Second, it does not have an on/off switch.
- It is lightweight and goes easy on your shoulders and back
- Large water tank doesn’t need you to refill frequently
- High steam temperature kills all bacteria
- It moves and rotates easily with one hand
- Long power cord makes cleaning hard to reach places easier
- Microfiber pad is hard to wash
This might be a good choice for those who want a lightweight and easy to use steam mop for cleaning and sanitizing laminate floors.
Regardless of a few design flaws, the Light n Easy S7338 Floor Steamer is a great product for cleaning laminate floors. I give it a five-star rating for its performance.CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
Light n Easy S3101 Steam Mop – Most Lightweight & Ergonomic Design
- Ultra lightweight and ergonomic design
- Delivers steam in thirty seconds
- Washable microfiber pads are reusable
- Intelligent frequency conversion improves performance
- Swivel head offers wide cover range
The Light n Easy S3101 Steam Mop effectively cleans sealed laminate floors. Its ultra-light design eliminates the physical strain that goes with mopping.
The thick microfiber pad removes and traps dirt and grime as you pass the mop over your laminate floor. Also, the microfiber pads are washable and reusable.
The mop head attaches easily to the pad. You just have to press the base down onto the cloth and that’s enough to hold it in place and start mopping.
I was absolutely impressed by the performance of this product, but it lacks any kind of customizable control settings. So, you have to be cautious when using it for the first time.
- It heats up remarkably fast
- Ultra-light design won’t wreck your shoulders
- Mop pads steam up the grime for effective cleaning
- Microfiber pads are washable and reusable
- Comfortable handle allows for long cleaning hours
- Small water tank capacity
- Lacks customizable control settings
The steam you get from this product is strong enough to get rid of over 99% bacteria and any other harmful microorganism. It also heats up under a minute, which is great.
I really appreciate the lightweight design, it made cleaning larger areas fatigue-free. I give this product a thumbsup for its performance. But it could be better with customizable control settings.CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
Shark Lift Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop – Most Expensive Choice
- 2 in 1 design with removable steamer
- Dual-sided mopping pads are versatile
- Intelligent steam control for easy cleaning
- Steam blaster gusts stuck-on dirt
Shark designed intelligent steam control to make the task of cleaning your laminate floors easier than ever.
The intelligent steam control (dust/mop/scrub) allows you to effectively choose the steam level, depending on the amount of stuck-on messes on your laminate floors.
I prefer the dust mode for cleaning my delicate laminate floors. But you can use the other two settings (mop and scrub) when dealing with tough messes.
It is one of the easiest steam mops I have ever used. All I had to do is push the mop forward and backward just as I would a traditional mop.
What I didn’t like about this product is the package. The one I received didn’t come with all the advertised attachments.
- Minimum skills needed to operate
- It’s fairly lightweight for long duration use
- Doubles as a handheld steamer for versatility
- Customizable steam settings makes it a convenient tool
- Dual-sided mop pads are highly versatile
- Could be better with a larger tank capacity
The Shark Lift Away Pro Steam Pocket Mop can effectively clean and sterilize laminate floor. It may not be a high-end model, but it does the job right.
It isn’t a cheaper product, but it is worth the money. I give it a solid four-star rating for its intelligent steam control settings.CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
SKG 6 in 1 Steam Mop – Most Multipurpose Model
The SKG 6 in 1 Steam Mop meets all your laminate floor cleaning requirements. It cleans, deodorizes and sanitize without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Six in one multifunction design
- 1500W power creates a strong steam in thirty seconds
- 180 degree swivel head for superior maneuverability
- Washable microfiber pads are reusable
- Smart digital setting for customized cleaning
If you are in need of a steamer that can do more than just clean your laminate floors, the SKG 6 in 1 Steam Mop might be a good place to start.
It comes with a lot of different attachments. What is nice about this product is that it comes with washable microfiber pads that are reusable.
This steamer has a 180 degree swivel triangle mop head, which is great for easy maneuvering and to clean hard to reach areas.
Another amazing feature is the smart digital steam settings that are optimized for cleaning and sanitizing laminate floors. Not to mention that drying takes only a few seconds.
What I particularly didn’t like about this product is their customer service. Also, I had a few hiccups with the assembly. It took longer than I had expected.
- It takes roughly 15 seconds to steam
- Microfiber pads are machine washable
- Customizable digital settings for effective cleaning
- Large water tank requires less refills
- Swiveling head reaches tight spaces
- It could be easier if water tank was removable
This is one of the most versatile steamer I have ever bought. It has all the convenient accessories you need for renewing your laminate floors.
With the 1500 watts this steamer harnesses and six in one functions, I can in all conscience say this is a reliable choice for cleaning laminate floors.CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
Bissell Titanium 94E9T Steam Mop – Best Steam Release Trigger
- Lightweight and easily maneuverable
- Easy to fill water tank, no need of a funnel
- Triangle steam mop cleans hard-to-reach places
- Microfiber mop pads provide microban protection
The product cleans your laminate floors without the fumes that come with many chemical cleaners.
Its soft microfiber mop pad is suitable for use with delicate floors and will not harm or scratch your laminate floors.
The model has an easy to fill water tank, which is great because you won’t need a funnel or a cup for refills. Simply detach the water tank and fill from the tap.
The innovative triangular head gets into hard-to-reach spaces. Steam is only released when you pull the trigger.
What I didn’t like is the quality of the tank. It is made from cheap plastic material that is less durable. You would most likely have to replace the tank at some point.
- Cleans without the fumes and residue of chemicals
- Easy to clean tight spaces with triangular mop head
- Soft microfiber pad for everyday cleaning
- Water tank holds enough water to clean your entire floor
- Only releases steam when pulling the trigger
- Water tank is cheaply made
- Could be better with customizable settings
The Bissell Titanium 94E9T gives you the power of steam in a slim profile design that is super easy to use. It gets the job done the first time.
It is one of the cheaper models on the market with a few cheaply made parts. However, I give it a thumbsup for its steaming and cleaning properties.CLICK FOR BEST PRICE
Things to Look for When Shopping for the Best Steam Mop for Laminate Floors
Steam cleaners sound like should take the hard work out of your laminate floor cleaning chores. But it’s all too easy to buy one that is more hassle than cleaning by hand.
You can only be sure that you are buying a reliable design by looking for specific design features and performance. Here is a list of the most important things to look for.
All the models I tested had some form of control settings. What I realized is that this is a must have feature, if you don’t want to damage your laminate floors.
Some high-end designs, such as those from Light n Easy come equipped with automatic steam control sensor built-in.
What the intelligent sensor does is release steam on-demand with respect to how fast or slow you move the steam mop across the surface.
Some modern designs have digital touch control buttons for easy use. The digital settings can be found on the handle or on the main body, depending on the manufacturer.
Digital settings are great because they show you with an LED indicator when the unit is ready to use. Then, you can conveniently choose between low and high steam release.
Other basic designs may require you to pump the handle a few times to release the hot vapor, but you don’t have the convenience of customized digital settings.
Handle Design and Movement
It doesn’t matter how good a steam mop cleans your laminate floor, if you can’t effectively navigate it into hard-to-reach places.
As such, you need an ergonomic system with built-in swivel movement. I had a great time with units that could swivel 360 degrees.
It was so easy to get the steam under the furniture. Not to mention that low profile designs can effortlessly slide under the sofa.
You also need to be aware of the mop head shape. By design, triangular shaped mop heads are so effective around corners.
You need a long cord, if you want to move smoothly and reach places that are far from the wall socket. Otherwise, your cleaning sessions will be limited to a small area.
Water Tank Capacity
You need a large water tank that can hold enough water for you to clean a considerably large area before refilling. This will save you valuable time and energy.
You also need an ergonomically made water tank. Filling and refilling the tank shouldn’t be a hassle. Preferably, get a model a removable water tank.
What Kind of Mop Pads are Safe for Laminate Floors?
Microfiber mop pads are the best. In fact, all the products I tested used microfiber cloths. What’s different is the quality of the cloths.
Microfiber pads have improved cleaning power because they use fibers. But make sure you get pads of the ideal length, size and surface texture.
You have probably heard of washable microfiber pads. They are reliable only if they are of high quality. Thin pads will wear out faster after every wash.
Are Steam Mops Safe for Laminate Floors?
The use of steam mops on unsealed laminate floors can weaken the laminate sealant and cause the following:
- A dull finish
- Rot and mold
Only use steam mops with customized control settings on sealed (waterproof) laminate floors. I recommend low steam release on-demand and not continuous.
I feel confident recommending the Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe as the overall best steam mop for laminate floors.
With variable controls, it makes quick work of stick-on messes compared to the other products because it delivers more effective on-demand steam cleaning.
Its performance was almost impeccable, including the time it took for the steam to form and the time it took for the floor to dry.
It is a highly convenient masterpiece. The sizeable water tank doesn’t need frequent refills, and the 360-degree swivel movement improves maneuverability.
It is light in weight, meaning it is hassle-free to move up and down stairs. Also, it took less shoulder power to get the work done.Check the Product Here